Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Camshaft cies

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Civic TSI's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anyone know who makes a good high-performance camshaft for a 98 Civic dx. Thanks.

    ------------------
    To 24 PSI, and beyond !
    HS Le Club

    [This message has been edited by Civic TSI (edited June 14, 2000).]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Mr Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,097
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, but I bet you could pick up some Civic Type R cams for under 5 bills. Heard good things about these I a am sure they would net a serious gain over your stock DX cams. Aren't you FI? Maybe try Bullfrog for a turbo grind or something.

    ------------------
    98 GS-scR w/ 8psi JRSC, Walbro HO fuel pump, AEM cai, Airmass header, Thermal Exhaust, Skunk Works cam gears, J&S safeguard, Ground Controls and KYB AGX's, and of course to slow down, KVR X-drill F&R rotors and Carbon Kevlar pads and V1 to signal the slowing down and soon to go on a Carbon Fiber diet,RC 310 steriods,and new sticky foot wear of the 555R type

  3. #3
    Inactive Member sjoback's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    If that was a joke, it was funny.

    If it wasn't a joke, that was still funny.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sjoback's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    sorry, yeah all there is are regrinds.

    compcams makes billet cams, but only for d16z6.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Civic TSI's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    First, it's not for me. Second, it's probably going to endup being a regrind, I don't care. Third, the Civic TypeR cam would probably do a excellent job if it was a DOCH VTEC engine.

    Does Bullfrog has a website ?

    ------------------
    To 24 PSI, and beyond !
    HS Le Club

  6. #6
    Inactive Member sjoback's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Oh, I don't think you guys got it.

    I was commenting on Mr Rogers post.

    Civic Type-R (DOHC) cams for a SOHC motor.

    never mind guys, I guess I hang out on the hybrid board too much.


    Web cams does regrinds, and so does crower.

    sorry I am unsure of the addy for web cam.

    they are here in my town though, could get #.

    [This message has been edited by sjoback (edited June 14, 2000).]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Mr Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,097
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    DOH! I didn't really read too carefully did I? Owell, try Bullfrog but def. don't throw the CTR cams in, they won't work biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin wink

    ------------------
    98 GS-scR w/ 8psi JRSC, Walbro HO fuel pump, AEM cai, Airmass header, Thermal Exhaust, Skunk Works cam gears, J&S safeguard, Ground Controls and KYB AGX's, and of course to slow down, KVR X-drill F&R rotors and Carbon Kevlar pads and V1 to signal the slowing down and soon to go on a Carbon Fiber diet,RC 310 steriods,and new sticky foot wear of the 555R type

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •